The Final Solution For Northstar Overheating and Head Gasket Issues
Since the introduction of the Cadillac Northstar engine they have been plagued with cooling system vapor locking problems and head gasket failure! Which comes first. who knows, we see customers with vehicles that have less than 50,000 miles that have been babied, then we see vehicles that have 150,000 hard driven city miles that have never had a problem ( Until 150,000 miles )
We definitely know after assisting in repairing thousands of these vehicles, the failure is a progression.
- Coolant loss for no apparent reason ( No visible leaks etc )
- Vehicle starts overheating (Typically starting with sporadic spikes and drops in temperature with the vehicle under a load on the Freeway or going uphill! Then gradually getting worse until it overheats constantly no matter what type of driving )
- Frustrated you take your beloved Cadillac to the mechanic and the following happens!
- They correctly diagnose that the cooling system is not circulating correctly! There is no coolant flowing through the radiator.
- They start replacing parts in hopes of repairing the problem.
- Replace Thermostat and vehicle still overheats!
- Replace Water Pump and vehicle still overheats!
- Finally in the succession of Trial and Error it surely must be the radiator RIGHT! Replace the radiator and it STILL OVERHEATS!
With everything in the cooling system replaced and nothing else to charge you for they diagnose a Blown Head Gasket and tell you that you need a New Engine! At this point with the replacement cost of an engine between $5000.00 and $10,000.00 your faced with spending more than the vehicles worth or selling it for scrap!
Not So Fast!!!
Common sense tells us that unless the cooling system is circulating, the vehicle is going to overheat! So if we can get the cooling system circulating ( Eliminate the vapor locking problem ) and stop the overheating, we should be able seal the minor leak in the Head Gasket! ( Most Northstar Head Gasket Leaks are minor, typically there is no water in the oil, no oil in the cooling system, and no white smoke or steam from the exhaust )
Thermagaskets Proprietory Cooling System Equalizer quickly solves the vapor locking issue within minutes. Once installed the cooling system will circulate better than new. Now that the cooling system is functioning correctly we are able to run the Thermagasket Head Gasket Sealer through the system and seal the Head Gasket.
The Northstar is known to run extremely hot, 20 to 25 degrees hotter than your typical V6 or V8 engine. Once the Cooling System Equalizer has been installed and the Head Gasket is sealed, you should see a 3 to 5 degree drop in normal operating temperatures.
The Thermagasket Cooling System Equalizer is proudly made in the U.S.A. from 6066 .058 Wall aluminum with all solid brass hardware, Gates high Temperature Hose and Clamps!
Typical installation time is 10 minutes!
Once purchased you will have access to the best Head Gasket repair Technicians on the planet to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have!
Includes: Cooling System Equalizer Kit & Thermagasket Head & Block Treatment Kit